Tuesday, March 6, 2007

the blackberry pearl


the title probably assumes that this post is a phone review, which it kind of is. but it is also a review of what went wrong on Friday night. i started the night cheering to health and happiness with most of my closest friends at a delicious Brazilian restaurant in tribeca, Churrascaria TriBeCa.

the food was amazing. my good friend's parents took a bunch of us there for a nice dinner out. all in all, things were going amazingly well. the night ended pretty late with me being thrown out of a yellow cab with nothing but my house keys, several blocks from my apartment in an area that i shouldn't be strolling down late night. everything was gone, my digital camera, brand new samsung blackjack phone, wallet and EVEN my eye glasses. so i blindly started booking it down the street to a friend's house. all in all, perhaps my scariest night in nyc. while it's sad and financially crappy that I lost all of those things, they were just that, things....all in all, i came out of it lucky. what disturbs me more is the blurriness of how that happened. i don't just lose things. anyhow, the details are besides the point..well, because i don't know the details...i was blind.

so i couldn't bare to buy another blackjack. instead i bought the new blackberry pearl. i didn't HAVE to go so over-the-top with the phone purchase but i hear that shopping can be therapeutic and when you're a gadget freak like me, shiny cell phones DO make one feel better.

The Pearl has several amazing features including the pearl trackball, easy email set-up, customizable screens, etc...pretty much everything you need in a phone/mp3 player/PDA. i find the actual navigation much more friendly and sensible in comparison to the blackjack. the keyboard, while a little strange and compact is just fine and in fact, i prefer the style of the Pearl's keyboard to the blackjack.

it's unfortunate that i had to be robbed in order to realize which is the better cell phone...ha...i joke, because what else can i do about the situation now?


Digg!

No comments: