Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On repeat

I've been feeling guilty for not writing more so I'm going to start doing so...and not feel the responsibility to make these long or all that interesting (especially since it's mainly just me reading these posts in the first place).



Last week I went to the Falu CD release party and I have to say...as critical as i can be (with no just cause) of some of the new music that's out there (especially music with a brown twang), I was blown away by Falu's performance. Her music brings classical indian music to new heights with dancing beats, a rock solid band and, of course, her brilliant voice.

I was in CT (home state) this past weekend and I spent a good deal of my time there driving around Windsor, fairly aimlessly, listening to her CD over and over again. Her voice is soothing, yet with a kick. The band is clearly composed of some very accomplished musicians and the production value of the CD is very tight. Falu's voice took me down the memory lane of childhood--weaving together india and america in a unique and tasteful way.

So, if there is anyone out there reading this, I HIGHLY recommend you take a minute and check the band Falu, purchase the CD and support artists that are doing amazing work.

1 comment:

Pablo said...

I will definitely find the CD and listen to it. How are you? Greetings from green and warm Princeton NJ.